What is Thanksgiving without traditional dishes. Sweet Potato Casserole is a huge deal in my house! So, I had to make it GFCF! That way everyone could enjoy this homey, thanksgiving dish!
Sweet Potato Casserole
Sweet Potato Casserole PRintable Version
• 6 Medium medium sized sweet potatoes or 3 large
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 1/3 cup milk (I used Almond)
• 1/2 cup Margarine
• 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
• 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
• 2 TBSP Any GF Flour (I used my AP Mix)
• 2 TBSP Margarine
- Cook Sweet potatoes in boiling water for 45 minutes to an hour or until tender. I wrap mine in aluminum foil and bake in the oven at 400 until cooked through….you’ll know when they are ready! Let them cool to touch. Peel and mash.
- Combine the mashed sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, vanilla, milk and 1/2 cup margarine (softened) . Beat at medium speed in your mixer until smooth. Spoon into a lightly greased 13×9 baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, pecans, flour and 2 TBSP margarine; sprinkle mixture over casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Makes 8 servings.
** Contains Eggs, and Nuts**