During the holidays and sometimes just because we love to make these Gluten Free Cut Out Sugar Cookies. This is my go-to recipe for these that always turns out perfectly no matter what the occasion.
It is a basic sugar cookie dough recipe that you can make ahead, wrap tight and store it in the freezer for when you are in the mood for cookies. This is even excellent to give as gifts during the holidays with your favorite cookie cutter, icing, and sprinkles in a basket. I love this idea for families because everybody makes and gives cookies, but when you give a gift basket like this you are giving someone the opportunity to make memories with their family!
Next time you are in the mood for a great cut out sugar cookie give these Gluten Free Cut Out Sugar Cookies a try!
Gluten Free Cut Out Sugar Cookies
GLUTEN FREE CUT OUT SUGAR COOKIES
Yield 42 COOKIES
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Butter Or Dairy Free Margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs (yolks only)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups Gluten-Free Flour Blend (see below)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine sugar and butter in a bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping the bowl often, until creamy.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla. Continue beating, scraping the bowl often, until well mixed.
- Finally, add flour blend and salt; beat at low speed until the dough is well mixed. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Pre-Heat oven to 350°F.
- Roll out dough on surface sprinkled lightly with gluten-free flour, one-half at a time (keeping remaining dough refrigerated), to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with a cookie cutter. Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let stand 2 minutes on cookie sheet; remove to cooling rack. Cool completely.
Gluten Free Flour Blend
When making this recipe I prefer to use a gluten free baking mix like (Aldi's GF Pancake Mix). If you don't have any that you prefer to use make this mix
- 2 cups rice flour
- 2/3 cup potato starch
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
Mix and measure out correct amount for recipe.
Try these Gluten Free Pretzel Bites