Pumpkin is EVERYWHERE, and my kids are loving it! They want all the Pumpkin things, but we mostly have to make our own to make sure they are gluten free & dairy free. I have to admit that this Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice French Toast is some of the best french toast I have ever eaten! YUM!
I made this french toast with The Best Gluten Free Sandwich Bread. I made it just like I would a typical french toast, by dipping the bread in the mix and then cooking it on a griddle.
By the way, this griddle is the best I have ever owned. I bought it earlier in the year and I use it at least a couple times a week.
Once done, I sprinkled it with a pinch of Pumpkin Pie Spice, and I served it with some maple syrup. Maple Syrup is the only way to go with this one. The flavors are perfect!
Oh, and don’t throw away that left over Pumpkin! Check out what to do with that open can of pumpkin
Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice French Toast
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Canned Pumpkin Puree
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- Sliced Gluten Free Bread
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, pumpkin, spice, and sugar.
- Heat griddle over medium heat. I turned the dial on mine to 350 degrees.
- Dip the bread 1 slice at a time into the egg/pumpkin mix. Just enough to coat but not soak up too much. Then immediately place the bread onto the hot griddle.
- Cook the bread until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Repeat with remaining slices.
- Serve with Maple Syrup!
- Use your favorite dairy free milk.