This treat takes a lot of words to say something very simple. THESE ARE AMAZING! These Gluten Free & Vegan Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Blondies take one very unusual ingredient when it comes to sweets and uses it to turn into this moist vegan baked good.
I am not usually a vegan baker, although I do try to make as much as I can gluten free and dairy free. Eggs usually seem like a necessary evil to me, but you don’t even miss them in these blondies. PS: If you aren’t sure where to find Vegan Mini Chocolate Chips, I found these on Amazon.
Even if you aren’t usually a vegan give these a whirl. They are heavenly!
- 2 small, ripe bananas
- 15 oz can of garbanzo beans/chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ C. peanut butter
- ⅓ C. mini vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line an 8x8 baking pan with foil.
- In a blender or food processor, combine all the ingredients, except the mini chocolate chips. Blend the ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the 8x8 baking dish and sprinkle the mini chocolate chips on top.
- Bake about 20 minutes and remove from the oven. Allow them to cool prior to cutting them.
- *Notes - you can also add half of the ⅓ cup of mini chocolate chips to the batter and then sprinkle the remaining on top.